Welcome to Suibokuga or Sumi-e of Japan
' Suibokuga ' is the monochrome ink painting of Japan and it's also called ' sumi-e '.
In Japanese, ' sui ' means water, ' boku ' or ' sumi ' means Indian ink, and ' ga ' or ' e ' means painting or picture.
' Suibokuga ' is painted in black Indian ink (Chinese ink) and water with a brush on paper or silk.
Sumi-e School 'Chikurinkai'
Zenkoku Suibokuga Kyokai
(National Suibokuga Association)
日本語 In Japanese
Spring has come.
We have waited for spring.
Now we are full of happiness and going out to paint flowers.
What a fantastic world !
We will hold free lessons of sumi-e.
In Machida City from Mar.3 to Mar.8, 2009.
In Hachioji City from Mar.14, Apr.7 & Mar.28,2009.
Come to join us.Inquire by Email.
(LAST UPDATE on Feb. 26, 2009)
Information to Sumi-e courses You can enjoy painting sumi-e. It's free!
Information to Sumi-e Exhibits
● 32nd 'Chikurinkai Ten'
- date：from Mar. 3 to Mar. 8, 2009 (10:00AM to 5:00PM except on the last day closed at 5pm.)
- (On the first day start at 1 pm and the last day close at 4 pm.)
- place：at the 1st & the 2nd Gallery of Machida Shimin Hall in Machida-shi,Tokyo,Japan
- traffic：10 minutes walk from Machida station of Odakyu line or JR Yokohama line
●The 25th ' Hana no Sumi-e Ten'
- date：from Mar.4th to Mar.10th, 2009 (10:00AM to 7:00PM,but on the last day closed at 4 pm.)
- place：at Yokohama Shintoshi Building (Sogo department store) 9F ,Yokohama City,Kanagawa,Japan
- traffic: In front of the east gate of Yokohama station of JR, Keihin-Kyuko and Tokyu line
●The 31st 'Hachioji Sumi-e Ten'
- date：from Mar.16,2009 to Mar.19,2009 (9AM to 6PM,except on the first day started at 1PM)
- place：at Hachioji Square Building 11F Gallery-1 , Hachioji city,Tokyo,Japan
- traffic: In front of the north gate of Hachioji station of JR
● 17th 'Chikurin Sumi-e Ten'
- date：from Feb. 24 to Mar. 1, 2009 (10:00AM to 7:00PM but on the last day closed at 5 pm)
- place：at Fujisawa Shimin Gallery in the Lumine Plaza 6F, Fujisawa-shi Kanagawa-ken,Japan
- traffic：In front of the north gate of Fujisawa station of Odakyu line and JR
●The 16th Zenkoku Suibokuga Ten|
The National Suibokuga Exhibition
- date：from Aug.5,2009 to Aug.17,2009 (10AM to 6PM)
- place：The National Art Center,Tokyo , 7-22-2 Roppongi Minato-ku Tokyo, Japan
- patronage：Tokyo Shimbun
- traffic：at Nogizaka station or 5 minutes walk from Roppongi Station of Tokyo Metro.
*You can visit to see also historical sumi-e paintings at the national museums such as;
The Tokyo National Museum
The Kyoto National Museum
Zenkoku Suibokuga Kyokai &
Chikurinkai Head Office
12-7,2chome Hara-Machida Machida-City Tokyo 194-0013 JAPAN
CALL +81-42-725-7966 FAX +81-42-732-0568
ZSK and Chikurinkai
(c) 2000-2009 KUBOTA, Jun
Since 19 Nov. 2005